Tuesday, January 4, 2011

mentoring sessions...

i have had so many nice e-mails lately regarding one on one mentoring, thank you! i absolutely LOVE mentoring, there is something so exciting about helping someone see the light (literally and figuratively!) and grow their talent and business. of course i will be showing you the ins and outs of what i do, but my goal is to help you develop your own style and look. during mentorting sessions we work on whatever YOU want to work on, and usually divide time between one or two shoots, post processing and business discussions. a few topics we usually cover are: camera technique, lighting, posing, composition, workflow, processing, blogging, client relationships, marketing, and pricing. but as i said, the great part about one on one mentoring is that we focus on YOUR needs and goals. 

***
mentoring is an investment in yourself as an artist and your business. when i was getting started, there just wasn't a lot available in terms of classes and workshops. which lead me to a LOT hard work and sleepless nights trying to figure out everything for myself. it's taken me years to get where i'm at, but if i could have taken a workshop or mentoring session, i could have saved myself so much time and effort and jump started my career. it drives me crazy thinking of the time i wasted, blindly making the same mistakes shoot after shoot. don't you hate that? 

mentoring sessions begin at 4 hours for $500, and additional time is $100 per hour. because everyone's needs are different, you may only need a half day, but full day sessions are also available (and so fun!). please e-mail me for more information or to schedule your session. 

***also***
january sessions will get one additional hour FREE (gasp!)
and depending on the turnout, i may open 3 to four mini mentor sessions ($250,  2 hours, photoshop and workflow only) for january ONLY. 


anyway, have fun looking through some of my images from a mentor session i hosted for jessica white this fall, is brittany the most amazing model or what? i had such a great time on this shoot and love how it turned out. 
















15 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you also need to share where she got her wardrobe. darling! love the styling in these shots!

amber duron said...

wow jess, these are great! wish i could do a mentor sesh. with you...

oh, yes, yes where DID she get her clothes from?? they are gorgeous!

maleahbliss said...

Oh Jess, I WISH. Not that I am trying to become a photographer, but just so that I can take better pics of Eme and for my blog. lol. I don't even have a fancy camera. Just a powershot sd1200 IS. But I want to figure out how to use photoshop better.

Bliss Portraits said...

So fun to see your shots from this shoot! Thanks for being a great mentor!

College Babes said...

I've got the straight across bangs look, I was afraid it wouldn't work growing my hair out and keeping my bangs but this post gives me confidence that it CAN work! --Cori

shaylee burr said...

i want to do a session as soon as i get the extra cash!! i did one with ya about a year ago... so clueless back then!! so i would love to do one again. so be expectin an email from me soon ;)

tiff and chris johnson said...

way to go girl!! I've just been WAITING for you to do this! You are insanely talented and so willing to help and give out your information to help a photog friend in need. You'll always be successful because of your willingness to help out! And yes...please, i mean seriously can I have her wardrobe? That bicycle dress will haunt my dreams until I own it.

The Sanderson Fam said...

Okay... I MUST know where she got that dress. I am in love with the bycicles!!

Julianna Collett said...

Oh boy do I ever wish I lived in Utah! :(

Jessica Kettle said...

thanks for the comments everyone!! i believe both dresses are from anthropologie. =)

Jacob said...

Jessica! You are so amazing! I love these! So talented:) thanks this was a great sesh- would love to do it anytime! And thank you ladies- all items worn are from Anthropologie and I actually do do personal styling if you are interested:) pop over to my blog or email me! Barney.britt@gmail.com
Loves!
Britt

Caprice Erickson said...

Hey Jessica! I emailed you last year about mentoring and it was the craziest time for you but, I happened to notice your Jan special I would love to be in on it if you have space :) please email me and let me know! Thanks! Your amazing I so LOVE your work! Caprice chasingdandelionsphoto@gmail.com

Kayleen said...

Hey Jess!
Do you have any space available for Jan? I have a few questions for you and would love to chat for a minute at your convenience.

kayleenfeil@msn.com

Thanks!
Kayleen

Janea said...

Hi Jessica!

Is this just for January? I saw this blog just in time! I have been wanting to do this for a LOBG time but now I actually have the moolah to do it!

Thanks!
Janea

Janeagreenephotography@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where the pink house is. I am in love with it and my daughter in law is having twin girls and I would LOVE to take a picture in front of this, would you mind telling me? THANKS!!!