Thursday, January 22, 2009

new baby.

Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX Lens

I could not be more excited for this sucker to show up today! I 
will be a  ONE LENS WONDER no more. 

As much as I love my 50 mm (which I have been shooting with exclusively since November when my camera bag was stolen) It will be great to have a little more variety. The thing is, I really have been shooting with it exclusively all this fall too- the lack of low aperture capacity just didn't hack it for me with a standard zoom . So for those of you who ask what my favorite portrait lens is, well, MY ONLY portrait lens is the 50mm f/1.4 and before I sold my D70 it was the 1.8. Both great lenses. 

But if you ask me tomorrow, this lovely 17-55 f/2.8 might just be my new favorite. =)

P.S. Are YOU going to WPPI? Me and Carly just may get crazy, register last minute, drive to vegas and crash in some shadester hotel. Wanna come?

P.P.S. if you live in Eastern Oregon (Specifically the Baker area) and are looking for some photo lovin' you should check out my girl Carly. She will rock your world. 

18 comments:

kg said...

You'll love this! This is by far my most used lens. I'm waiting for my 50mm 1.4 to arrive!

Jessica F said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That is SOO the lens I want:) I have a while until I can get it...but seriously...I want that SO bad! I am sure you will have lots of fun:) Oh as for WPPI- if you go, please tell me how it went, I cant go this year but I want to go next! Ok--have fun!!
-jess

Carly said...

Congrats on the new lens, Jess! I have read good things. :)
Ack, I hope WPPI works out!!! Thanks for the shout out.

Jean Smith said...

i just had to write and tell you that the lens you are getting ROCKS. i use two cameras at all sessions and that baby is on one camera 100% of the time and is used most. YOU WILL LOVE IT! the 50 is a fabulous lens, but your whole world will change with the wide angle!!!

Anonymous said...

looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see what you create with it!!

Anonymous said...

looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see what you create with it!!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous.

Unknown said...

***DROOLS****

I'm in Love <3

Vanessa said...

You are so going to LOVE this lens!!! It is my personal fav!!! I need to use the 50mm more...haha! Anyway have fun playing!!!! When amazing things are happening like WPPI...that is when I wish I didn't teach DANCE too! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a nice versatile lens. I have a 28-75mm f2.8 lens. Love it. I would to go to WPPI. I bet it will be a blast. Hope it works out.

j e s s i e said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j e s s i e said...

ummm, yeah I wanna go!
Does that sound strange seeing how I don't even know you? It does? Dang... =)
I really do want to go though! Thanks for informing me about it. I am fresh in the photography business, and would love to benefit from it. I wish there more classes available, but the photojournalism one really appeals to me.
P.S. Love your style! Great job!

Mickey Family said...

Come to WPPI!!! It is fabulous! :) I went last year and going again this year. You won't regret!

Marissa Vargason said...

How fun!!!! I cant wait to hear your lens review! I really want to go to WPPI too but with hubby getting laid off, I just dont think its a wise decision, so I have to live vicariously through all those that go :(

Toni said...

I am totally a stalker who thought I'd show my face! You rock! I just got this lens and it's spectacular!

j e s s i e said...

I am undecided... but better make the decision soon. Are you going to take any of the classes?

Erin said...

I am jealous. I have been eying that lens for some time.

The Elmers said...

AHHHH, you got it! This is my fave lens ever!! err...well, so far ;) And I might sound terrible, but, what is WPPI?? I will check the link but I have not heard of it before...